Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ex-Feral kitten, doing very well.

Duration: 00:40 minutes
Upload Time: 2008-03-15 18:35:57

This is Gabby, my girlfriend's 6 month old kitten... Her mother is a feral cat in my girlfriend's neighborhood. We took her in when she was a little over 8 weeks old, after all of her siblings were killed by cars. It didn't seem likely that she would survive the winter, so my girlfriend captured her in a laundry basket. At his point she (the kitten) was VERY feral. She was pretty much terrified of everything. I was home from college for thanksgiving weekend, and pretty much had an open calender, so my girlfriend transferred her to me to try to tame her up a bit. I put her in my parents bathroom with food, water, and a litter box. Over the four day weekend, she became a lot more calm. We got her used to people by letting her lick chicken flavored baby food off our fingers. She used the litter box right off the bat, no problem. The vet gave her a clean bill of health, and she's due to be spayed next week. She's so much more tame than when we got her, but there is still progress to be made. She is still sometimes afraid of people... when there's someone new around she'll still hide under the bed

Comments

soheiljerusalem  2008-03-17 14:33:48

cute Gabby !
__________________________________________________
jadejw  2008-03-16 08:42:00

the kitty is sooooo cute comment on my vid
__________________________________________________

No comments: