Thursday, April 3, 2008

Rotating Tornadic Cell (funnel cloud at end)

Duration: 01:03 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-08-25 00:54:59

Small funnel cloud at the end of the video. I stopped filimg and went inside to let everyone know. I went back and it got bigger so we went downstairs. The f1 was confirmed by the NWS the next morning. shot in Plainfield, Illinois Augus,23rd 2007. This was the second wave of storms that rolled in. Has caused flooding and is being blamed for the deaths of 17 people. also, the camera makes it appear further away then it actually is. If i had my time back i would have preset the zoom (for some reason it doesnt zoom while filming it has to be done before you start)

Comments

BabyJr1992  2008-02-16 23:45:14

I remeber that day. It was the first day of school that year. We had to go in the hallways and stay there for like twenty mins. Most memoriable first day of school for me
__________________________________________________
MetaltheUnholy  2007-11-09 18:28:49

Yeah I live in West Chicago, and my work was the warehouse that collapsed in that storm. I've been looking for as much storm footage as I could find. We were hit by the first wave of storms and it was a meso vortices's out in front of the squall line, hit us as straight line winds then a tornado touched down in winfield.
__________________________________________________
WarLocK8008  2007-11-09 13:02:00

thanks alot!
__________________________________________________
MetaltheUnholy  2007-11-08 21:47:37

Nice! that does look like a funnel in the last frame there. I'll pass this video to the weather geeks at COD.
__________________________________________________

No comments: