Monday, October 15, 2007

Ask AceBlade: Episode 10

Duration: 11:14 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-09-05 11:10:35
User: aceblade
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

This video is responding to the following email: "My problem is: How can I overcome the fear of going up in front of a whole classroom to present/talk about certain subjects. In my High School I recently got enrolled in History class, but unlike most History classes, this class is a bit different. Instead of studying History, right now we're learning about working in a team. I don't normally mind working with others, but when it comes to going up in front of a whole classroom to talk, that's when the problem begins. I'm a very shy male so this is a big problem for me. When I'm nervous I tend to mummble when I speak and my neck twitches. (yes...it twitches) Just think how stupid I'll look in front of all those people. I'm also Nurse Assistant in training, and in one of my Nursing classes, I will have to go up in front of the whole class to talk about complex subjects all on my own.. just thinking about it makes my heart rush. Please give me unique tips. I'm tired of the whole take deep breaths and be well prepared advice; they are useless to me." If you have any helpful advice to offer, please reply via a comment.

Comments

Optimus17 ::: Favorites
It could also be a medical problem. I suffer from a certain kind of anxiety disorder, social phobia. It could be an unrational fear of judgement.
07-09-06 10:29:23
__________________________________________________
quatre00 ::: Favorites
Thank you very much for your advice, Aceblade. Everything you said during this video is all new to me, so every tip you gave me helps. I will surely do a great job during my presentations. I'll check back on the video in case someone decides to give more advice. Thanks again, Ace. :) (BTW, it's pronounced Kattra)
07-09-05 17:55:00
__________________________________________________
aceblade ::: Favorites
Ack! Sorry for mispronouncing your name! I'm glad the little tips were able to help out. Yes, check back for more replies later and let me know how your first presentation goes!
07-09-05 18:00:47
__________________________________________________
Dreakz ::: Favorites
"And here is the man! iiiiits Doc. Aceblade! *jingle* hey everybody! today we are going to talk about fear of talking to crowds! and heres are quest bla bla bla.." ur turning into a nicer and better looking doctor phill! :P :P
07-09-05 12:25:31
__________________________________________________
aceblade ::: Favorites
lol, thank you, Dreakz. I always thought Dr. Phil was a bit on the mean side too!
07-09-05 14:01:05
__________________________________________________
IgnitedSoul13 ::: Favorites
Maybe an Oprah... LOL! Kidding, but again, job well done. Sorry, I can't really think of what to add other than a thank you because I'm just starting grade 10 and this'll likely come in handy for me too :)
07-09-06 00:26:54
__________________________________________________

No comments: